Don Talintyre FRAS
I began painting local scenes around Sydney in the 1970’s and worked in all mediums and all types of subject matter. While attending short art courses including Millthorpe NSW, I acquired a taste for landscape painting. Real improvement did not occur until a friend showed me the Meldrum method of tonal realism and the indisputable value of working from life.
I am a Life Member of the Bowral District Art Society, an exhibiting member of the Australian Society of Marine Artists and a Fellow of the Royal Art Society of NSW, where I exhibit on a regular basis and enter numerous art competitions every year.
Most notable finalist achievements:
- Fishers Ghost Prize, Campbelltown, NSW.
- Norville Landscape Prize, Murrurundi, NSW - 2 times.
- Glover Landscape Prize, Evandale, TAS. - 2 times
- Goulbum Art prize, Goulbum, NSW. several times
- Berkelouw Portrait Prize, Bowral, NSW - 3 times
- Mosman Art Prize, Mosman, NSW - 3 times
- Winner Peoples Choice, Copes Prize, Bowral, NSW
- ANL Marine Prize, Mission to Seafarers, Melbourne, VIC. - 7 times and Winner 2009.
- Winner President’s Medal, Australian Society of Marine Artists 2009 & 2015.